SigmaTau by Cognibotics
Uniquely designed to fill the gap between CNC machines and traditional robots.
A new vision for Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing
- Applies different processes on large workpieces in manufacturing industry,
- responds to significant industrial needs in the additive and subtractive manufacturing segments,
- leverages numerous proven, patented, high-value technologies, and
- provides significant benefits to current state-of-the-art robotic solutions in terms of accuracy, stiffness, workspace, flexibility and energy efficiency.
Problem solver for selected Additive Manufacturing concepts
SigmaTau goes beyond what can be physically achieved with a traditional, industrial arm robot and brings key advantages compared to a CNC machine when a large workspace is required. In this sense, it merges the advantages of both these technologies, at the same time mitigating their shortcomings.
- High rigidity and range paired with low tool deflection
- Large ±50° working range over the entire workspace, with maintained high wrist orientation stiffness
- Versatile Tool Mounting Options for combined additive and subtractive processes
- Scalable Workspace